Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

03 October 2010

Trust the Lord

We attended 5 sessions of the General Conference this weekend, all on internet from our apartment in Guayaquil. P.S. The uprising of the Police is over, and the country is getting back to normal. We will open the temple on Tuesday on schedule.

Guayaquil, Ecuador Temple
I wanted to share the notes I took in conference on Sunday.  For example, this one reminds me of my Autobiography: "Shake It: A Letter to My Children and Grandchildren" in which I quote every scripture I can find about shaking, because when I wrote it I was shaking so much from Parkinson's Disease.  I was declared unable to work by quite a few doctors and Social Security declared me disabled.  That made me humble enough to shift my trust to the Lord instead of my own strength, and He qualified me for a service assignment in the temple in Ecuador.  We had to trust the Lord in order to accept this simple assignment, which at this point in our health, and considering the needs of our family, took a lot of faith.

Carlene Howard Williams, 2010
Now that we are here, we trust that the Lord will continue to help us get to our assignment.  We trust the Lord will also bless you and your families.  Trust the Lord enough to ask what He wants you to know and do. He will make the way possible.

This amazing image of an amazing person was captured on my computer lately while we were connected to Kansas via Skype.  Sign up for Skype and call us at rnjhoward.  We tried to trust the Lord in all we did to raise Carlene, and know that she can teach her family to trust the Lord as they address the challenges of living in the 21st Century.  Have enough trust in Him to ask, and he will let you know what to do.

President Henry B. Eyring, 1st Presidency

"I prayed to know your personal needs so I would know what to say. God knows you personally and sends you messages fitted to you. Alma said "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! For behold, the Lord doth grant unto all nations, of their own nation and tongue, to teach his word, yea, in wisdom, all that he seeth fit that they should have; therefore we see that the Lord doth counsel in wisdom, according to that which is just and true."

President Eyring
God sends personal messages and authorized general messages to His children. My job is to build your confidence in His servants so you will be able to receive the messages.

Lucifer has had great success in inciting rebellion because he communicates well with those who lack faith to trust God.

We should be willing to do everything that Jesus commands us to do. All His commandments are important and help prepare us to live with our Father in Heaven. The Bible tells a story about a man named Naaman. He was very sick and wanted a prophet named Elisha to heal him. He left his home and went to the country where Elisha lived. Elisha sent a messenger to tell Naaman to wash himself seven times in a river called Jordan, and he would be healed.  Naaman was angry when he was told to do this. He wondered why he should go to the Jordan River, since there were many great rivers where he lived. But even though he was angry, Naaman later decided to obey. Because he obeyed, he was healed. If he had not obeyed, he would not have been healed.

Peter lacked faith to walk on the water... Jesus went unto them walking on the sea... But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Nephi learned to trust the Lord. 7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. And it came to pass that when my father had heard these words he was exceedingly glad, for he knew that I had been blessed of the Lord.

Joseph Smith learned to trust the Lord and received visits from on high. He learned that God loves us and sends messengers to lead and guide those who trust God.

When the prophet said we should get out of debt, even to get out of our mortgages, my wife and I prayed and asked the Lord for help. I sold my property the next day, even though it is been listed for years with no inquiries. The offer was enough to pay off the mortgage.

Trust the Lord enough to know what He wants you to know and do. He will make the way possible. What I the Lord hath spoken.. shall be fulfilled.. whether by my voice or my servants it is the same... Trust God enough to listen for the voice of God in every sermon and you will find it. Do what you are told to do, and you will find that God will trust you.

No comments:

Post a Comment