Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

03 October 2010

Revelation

Temple Housing, Guayaquil
As I sat with my wife and friends in the temple housing to watch General Conference I was impressed that the speakers remembered the children.  We also remember our children and their children.  We love our grandchildren and pray that they will all be protected and guided by the Spirit in righteousness and truth.

Cate Howard on her eighth birthday
Here is a screen shot of me in Ecuador talking to Cate in San Francisco on her eighth birthday.  I was baptized at age eight by my father on 4 August 1956 and confirmed the next day.  Now I  am involved 5 days per week in the baptistry of the temple.  Whenever I lay my hands on someone and confirm them a member of the of the Church (proxy) I make a special emphasis when I pronounce the words: "receive the Holy Ghost", and I think of my grandchildren, and pray that they might be willing to receive this great gift from God and learn to use it to bless their lives.

Elder Jay E. Jensen, Presidency of the Seventy



When the Savior visited the Americas he gave the Holy Ghost. As many as possible came to hear Him. While waiting, they taught others the Holy Ghost and prayed to receive it. The Lord prayed to the Father to appreciate the giving of this great gift to the people. It is available to all who qualify to receive the Gospel and baptism.
President Jay E. Jensen

He witnessed of a time that the Holy Ghost comforted his family when a child died. They remain comforted and reassured to this day.

He compared Joseph Smith and Lehi and their experiences to show that we are also qualified to receive revelation. As we read in 1 Nephi, we learn that men, women and children can receive a witness of the Spirit and revelation that they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment