Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

14 June 2010

Suffering

"But he knoweth the way that I take; when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:10).

"We have learned many things through suffering.  We call it suffering.  I call it a school of experience.  I never did bother my head much about these things.  I do not today.  What are these things for?  Why is it that good men should be tried? . . . I have never looked at these things in any other light than trials for the purpose of purifying the Saints of God that they may be, as the scriptures say, as gold that has been seven times purified by the fire" (Teachings of Presidents of the Church: John Taylor, p. 203).



As youth, Saul and David were humble and chosen.  Once they had authority they yielded to the temptation to trust in their own strength, which only alienated them from the true source of their power (1 Samuel 9-13, Jeremiah 17:5).


We are reminded the the loss of health, job, and property made us available to come here.  When we arrived, we found that our bank card was compromised, and we had lost much more.  Was all this to prepare us to help Hermano Sánchez who has similar problems?  Or was it so he could help us by his example to see that we needn't focus on our pains, but on staying qualified and active in the temple?  This is the true way to honor and bless our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment