Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

26 June 2010

Attend the temple

We are very busy in the temple.  Today we are receiving 300 from the Esmeraldas, the furthest stake of the district.

"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.  For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. . . . Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." (Psalms 51:1-3, 10)

"The parable of the Prodigal Son [Luke 15:11-32] typifies the condition of too many of our fellow men, who mistakenly feel that squandering their inheritance in riotous living will bring them happiness.  But it also portrays those who make another type of mistake---feeling that their righteousness makes them superior to their less-disciplined brethren.  Both brothers in the parable desperately need the Lord to free them of their burdens.  This is the message of the parable.

"We learn from this parable that all of us, regardless of our status or condition, have an absolute need of the Lord's saving grace.  We are all dependent on him for peace in this life and for eternal life" (The Teachings of Howard W. Hunter, p. 33).
My latest video is about the music of Ecuador:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzioqXTvmc4

No comments:

Post a Comment