Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

12 June 2010

As Dad and I left our Saturday shift (about 5pm) there was an hermano sitting on a bench beside the temple with his head down resting on his arm and cane.  Actually it wasn't just a cane but one that fits around your wrists.  I touched his shoulder and he looked up kind of dazed.  I think he had been asleep.  I asked if everything was alright and the way he said it I knew it wasn't.  I probed him more about where he came from and where he was staying etc.  Come to find out he was sleeping in the bus station in a chair because after he got to Guayaquil some men hopped on the city bus he was on and robbed everyone!  He lost all his money!  He was staying over to see the doctor on Monday and they may take his leg off.  He has osteomylitis and the infection is going up his leg.  He is a young father with two daughters ages 7 and 5.  His wife had to stay home with the children.  He served in the temple yesterday and since 8 am today!  I can't tell you how my heart felt after talking to him.  I sent Dad into the apartment building to find the "super" to see if the man could stay here.  Then the counselor to the temple president and his wife came from the temple and I walked over to tell them what happened to this man.  To make a long story short, he now has a room to stay here as long as he needs it the president said.  I took him a sandwich and fresh orange juice, then here comes the counselor's wife with food from the temple today, and then our neighbor's wife put together food for him to eat!!  I told him he was going to get "gored"!!  Pres. Furhiman gave him $15 to go in a tax it to get his things and to buy his medicine, then he will return to stay here.  He is such a humble, kind and loving man.  I told him that many angels live here and they will take care of him.  At first he didn't want me to do anything but the spirit told me differently!  So, I listened to the spirit!  Now I can sleep better tonight!  


"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these (my sisters) ye have done it unto me."  We must always listen to and act upon the promptings of the spirit.  I told him we are all mothers and that is what mothers do.  We care for others!  God bless him.  His name is Hermano Sanchez in case your family would like to remember him in your prayers.

Can you believe we have been on our mission almost a month?!!

Sending lots of love,    Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment