Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

05 September 2010

Templo de Guayaquil, Ecuador

Elder and Sister Howard, Temple Missionaries, Ecuador

This is where we work every day, except Sunday and Monday.  This Sunday we attended the Kennedy Stake Conference in Guayaquil and learned that we should take care of the elderly. Of course, mostly the testimonies were about the Gospel of Jesus Christ:

Elder Howard plays in a string quartet
I tuned the piano and arranged the music for string quartet and piano to accompany the 50 voice Urbanor Ward Choir.  I wish I had a recording or photo.  Everyone really enjoyed the beautiful music.  Since there is no organ, the strings help make the accompaniment better for such a large gathering (900).

Since there was no violist in the stake, I bought a viola, and played it for the conference.  Until now I have been playing second violin, like I did in Deming.  I don't have a bass violin here like I did from 1976 to 2008.  Now I have to teach someone else how to play the viola.  I teach music lessons about 6 days per week now: piano, guitar, violin so far.

We live in the Alojamiento on the temple grounds.  Hundreds
of people from all over the country stay here when they come
to work in the temple, usually for one, two, or more nights.
Here is where I am gathering the arrangements and compositions I create in Ecuador:
http://www.cantos.org/music/ecuador

I have made arrangements for several choirs since arriving, including a choir in Kansas.
My new Viola along with a borrowed violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment