Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

28 February 2010

Language of the Missionaries

Language of the Missionaries
“For it shall come to pass in that day, that every man shall hear the fulness of the gospel in his own tongue, and in his own language, through those who are ordained unto this power, by the administration of the Comforter, shed forth upon them for the revelation of Jesus Christ”  (D&C 90: 11).  I am about to enter the Provo Missionary Training Center, a school famous for teaching languages.  Yet, the instructions I received require me to bring scriptures in my native language, a four generation pedigree chart, and stories of my ancestors.  The reason of course, is that I need to hear the gospel in my own language in order to have the understanding that invites the comforter.  When I am converted, then I can “set in order the churches, and study and learn, and become acquainted with all good books, and with languages, tongues, and people.” (D&C 90: 11, 15).
If the Lord requires me to be as Ammon and go to a people of another language, “I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded” for I know He will prepare a way for me to do it.  If it is Spanish, “Iré y haré lo que el Señor ha mandado”.  If it is Kichwa, “Rishpa Apunchik-Taytapak nishkata rurashami”.
The people we teach can be like the Sons of Mosiah:  “And he caused that they should be taught in all the language of his fathers, that thereby they might become men of understanding; and that they might know concerning the prophecies which had been spoken by the mouths of their fathers, which were delivered them by the hand of the Lord” (Mosiah 1: 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment