Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

27 February 2010

Acceptance letter

Since serving in South America as a young missionary 1967-1970, I have continued to develop my language skills and serve the latino and indigenous people.  I am pleased that the Lord has accepted our sacrifices and deemed us prepared for a new opportunity to serve full time.

I have been impressed with the good example of my brother Nathan and JoAnn in serving a series of temple missions.  We felt the Spirit strongly during our visit with them in Nauvoo.  We realized then that we had already been called.  We are glad to receive the letter from President Monson indicating that we are chosen.

My God hath been my support, he hath led me through mine afflictions.  I have learned to trust in the Lord, not in the arm of flesh.  I know, like my father and my ancestors back five generations, that Joseph Smith did receive the priesthood and the covenants of Abraham.  I know that President Monson is a true prophet of the living God.  I know that the temple teachings, ordinances, and covenants bless the individuals and families who participate in them.

Our time in Ecuador will uplift many people, and also bring blessings to our children and grandchildren.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday my husband and I received our mission call to serve in the Guayaquil Ecuador Temple for 18 months. How blessed and humbled I feel to have this opportunity to serve in the Lord’s house.

    We have been serving the Spanish-speaking and Indian people for many years in our married life. My first mission to Northern Argentina blessed me with a great love for those people. I already love the people of Guayaquil even though I haven’t met them!

    I now see and feel blessings coming to our family since we made the decision to serve a temple mission. Ways are opening up for us to be able to support ourselves on our limited income. Many friends are asking questions about what we will be doing and why we decided to serve. Others want to donate some money to help us!

    My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease last spring and we want to serve a mission together before his health deteriorates. He is so talented (music, languages etc.) and has much to offer. I love people and enjoy serving others in any way I can. I know the Lord will use us where we are needed the most.

    The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in these latter-days through the Prophet Joseph Smith. Today we have a living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson directing the affairs of the Lord’s church in these latter-days. The temples afford worthy saints to receive and make covenants which will enable them to return to our Father in Heaven, and now I will have the wonderful blessing of helping them do so!

    ReplyDelete