Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

29 August 2011

The next life


Yesterday my home teaching companion and I gave a priesthood blessing to a woman in hospice.  Here daughter does not expect she will be long for this world.  Even when we know a loved one is sealed to us in the temple, we miss them and sorrow in their passing.  How grateful we are for the temple that unites our families through covenants and ordinances and teachings about the eternal nature of each one.

"And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow." Alma 40:12

"I am thinking now, as I stand here talking to you, that more of my dear ones are on the other side than are here, and it will not be long in the natural course of events before I, too, will receive my summons to pass on.  I am not looking forward to that time with anxiety and distress but with hope and with the assurance that the change, when it occurs, will be for increasing happiness and advantages that we cannot know in mortality" (The Teachings of George Albert Smith, p. 25).

May we all overcome the temptations of this world and keep our baptismal and temple covenants.

No comments:

Post a Comment