Rikushpa Shamuni

Rikushpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

Takishpa Shamuni

12 May 2010

Called to serve

Choice spirits who were reserved to come forth in the fulness of times to take part in laying the foundations of the great latter-day work,
54 Including the building of the temples and the performance of ordinances therein for the redemption of the dead, were also in the spirit world.
55 I observed that they were also among the noble and great ones who were chosen in the beginning to be rulers in the Church of God.
56 Even before they were born, they, with many others, received their first lessons in the world of spirits and were prepared to come forth in the due time of the Lord to labor in his vineyard for the salvation of the souls of men. (D&C 138:53-56)

We are using lots of Kleenex to dry our eyes as we see the videos, hear the testimonies, share our testimonies, and feel the Spirit day and night. We know that we have been prepared for this assignment and that the Lord will provide the way.

But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance 1 Nephi 1:20

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
28 Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me -- the fountain of all righteousness. Ether 12:27

We have no shortage of weaknesses. We have been humbled as part of our preparation to learn to depend on the Lord, and not our own strength. We have been humbled to tears many times in the past two weeks as we heard the testimonies of our companions, teachers, and the general authorities, including Elder Pinegar, Elder Holland, Elder Kikuchi, and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment